How to get your product-based business noticed: 8 Tips to Increase Visibility and drive brand awareness
With the onset of COVID-19 and increase in unemployment rates, the number of entrepreneurs starting their own product-based businesses has skyrocketed over the past few months. Whether you’ve been in business for many years or are a just getting started as an entrepreneur, you’ll notice that once your company is launched, one of the hardest aspects of running a business is standing out from the crowd and driving consumers to your marketplace. While long-term success takes time, dedication, and a stellar strategy, there are some very quick and easy actions you can take to drive traffic for your business:
1. Word of Mouth Marketing (WOM): This broadly used form of “advertisement” doesn’t come with a price tag. Satisfied customers will be happy to recommend your services to others. Making sure that each product you sell is of high quality and meets the buyers’ needs allows your business to speak for itself and generate leads without additional legwork on your end.
2. Blog about It! What better way to sell a product you love than to write about it? Create a blog for your brand where you attract potential consumers with engaging content such as informational posts about the materials or ingredients that are used to create your product, industry trends, or even what inspires you and your brand. The key is just to develop content that is related to your products or industry and tailored to your target audience.
3. Create a Newsletter. Create an email list and newsletter to easily share updates about your business to engaged consumers. Make sure the newsletter content is tailored to the audience and touts your brand’s attributes. For increased readership, offer an option to subscribe to the newsletter directly on your website.
4. Develop and Maintain Product Authenticity. Like we said above, one of the best ways to get your product-based business noticed is to allow it to represent itself. You should sell with the notion that you would purchase the product yourself and be proud to stand by its quality and authenticity. Notice that many high-end brands don’t advertise their products at all, but still attract customers and have a global reach. That is the power of an authentic, high-quality product.
5. Manage Consumer Expectations. All products have their own assets and limitations. Understand what yours are and effectively market them. Never oversell—it is always better to under promise and over deliver. Manage consumer expectations in a way that is open and honest, while not detracting from your product offering.
6. Have a User-Friendly Website. Develop a branded website for your product-based business to make it easy for current and potential customers to find you. Increase sales and user satisfaction by ensuring that your website is easy to navigate and understand. To convert site visitors to buyers and decrease cart abandonment, make the checkout process as simple as possible.
7. Be Honest. If it isn’t right, don’t do it. If it isn't valid, don’t say it. If you want your business to be noticed, let it be noticed for the right reasons. Ratings and testimonials will be based on users’ honest opinions about your product, and people want to receive the product they paid for, as you represented it. Establish a reputation of honesty to build trust and long-lasting relationships with your buyers.
8. Understand Your Niche. Solidify your niche and understand your customer base. The more you understand about your customers and the value they derive from your products, the better you will be able to offer products that are meaningful to them and engage in increasingly successful marketing tactics. Furthermore, having a foundational understanding of your industry and niche will enable you to predict the future needs of your customers and be proactive in your engagement with them.
We hope this helps! If you’re feeling inspired and don’t know where to start, feel free to reach out to see if we’re a good fit to help you take your business to the next level.